Wednesday 25 April 2012

Shawl thing

I have a confession: I’m a little bit tired today. You see, I stayed up till gone 1am to get my Ishbel shawl finished. We’ve all done it - just a few rows to the end, so you might as well carry on. But when those rows are around 300 stitches long, it takes a tad longer than you might hope. But at least it’s done.

This really is a project that will benefit from blocking. At the moment it doesn’t look that great. The lace is all bunched up, rather than light and airy, which a good blocking will sort right out. I'm pleased with it though, and I've decided I really do love knitting lace.

The finished shawl. It will be much bigger and much lacier when blocked.

Lace detail. It will look much better when blocked.

Easy stocking stitch centre section.

No comments: