Wednesday 5 September 2012

Crochet project wanted

I’ve been thinking recently that I want to start a new crochet project, something big that I can really get my teeth into. The only crochet I’ve done for a while were the various iPhone covers I designed, but these were just, well, iPhone sized. I want something big. Not just big, though, complicated and lacy too. And made in crochet thread on a tiny hook, preferably in one piece rather than joined motifs. Masochistic much?

Last week I tweeted to this effect, and in a nice example of helpful the crafting community it, one of my followers retweeted me to one of her followers who suggested I search on Ravelry. OK, I probably should have thought of that myself, but I didn’t. Anyway, Ravelry has a great search function. There are more than 300,000 patterns on the site, and you can add all kinds of criteria to narrow your search- craft, if it’s free, if it has a photo, yarn weight and yardage used, among other options.

I selected the relevant filters and a selection of choices appeared. I now have seven new projects queued - all lovely big shawls, tablecloths or bedspreads. I just have to decide which one to tackle first.

This vintage shawl pattern is now in my queue;
I think it would look good in the blue.

No comments: