Monday 14 August 2017

Poplar Tree Lace Wrap knitting pattern

My latest pattern is finished and currently waiting approval. Fingers crossed!




FIRST some exciting news: someone bought one of my patterns! My Stars and Stripes Fingerless Mitts crochet pattern is live over on Love Crochet. And just last week it was downloaded for the first time. I’ve asked in the pattern that if anyone makes the mitts to share on social media and to tag me. I really hope they do. I’d love to see their finished product and hear what they think of both the mitts and the pattern itself.

 My latest pattern was submitted to Love Knitting for approval on 11 July. It takes five working days for approval so I’m currently waiting with baited breath. This is a rectangular lacy wrap: Poplar Tree Lace Wrap knitting pattern.

I really like the way this has turned out. I originally made the pattern for Knit Now magazine and I didn’t like the yarn they chose. It was varigated, which I think is wrong for lace as it disguises the pattern, and a double knit, which I thought too heavy. So I reworked it for Scrumptious Lace by Fyberspates. This is a gorgeous luxury yarn and a solid colour. You can make the whole wrap with one skein, so it doesn’t end up costing too much. I think it works much better in this yarn.

I should find out if the pattern has been approved by the end of this week (18 July 2017). I’ll post a link as soon as I have one...

My Poplar Tree Lace Wrap. I really like this. It's a fun knit and makes up surprisingly quickly.

No comments: