Saturday 27 March 2010

Tying up loose ends

It's all about the finishing at the moment. I've two projects close to completion: the crocheted baby blanket and my cable tunic. The tunic I'm especially pleased about; all the pieces are assembled and I've just got to sew in the ends, do the neck and sew up. But I keep putting it off. Why? I hate sewing!

The actual making up part of making something is easily my most hated. I don't think I'm alone in this. In fact there are people who'll do the making up for you, for a price. It's a good idea, but not one I'll be using. I might hate the sewing in and the sewing up, but this is my tunic and I want to finish it!

The blanket is a much better prospect. There's no sewing up, just weaving in of ends, once I've done the border, which is coming along nicely, thanks very much. I should be finished soon, and while the baby is still small enough to need a blankie - excellent!

This blanket has been something of a challenge, with new techniques employed, botched and finally learned! The end result is a really quite thick fabric that will certainly keep baby warm and an interesting 3D effect with raised zigzags and tubes as well as a pretty shell pattern.

Next project? A hat that is already causing me headaches, but more about that later, now pics:


All the pieces, finished, blocked and just waiting for the sewing up. To be honest I've got no excuse to get this done - my TV broke last week and this week the ac adapter for my laptop stopped working. Lucky I've got an EEE PC to keep me connected to the interwebz.



The light was better this time - it's daytime and I opened the front door. Look at those zigzags! You can't really see, but the border has been started. Just six more rounds and I'm done.



A close-up, obviously. And a much better one that last time.

No comments: