Sunday 7 April 2013

Sunday best - throws and afghans

Granny square bed throw
I have big plans to make a throw like this. In fact I’ve saved hundreds of odds and ends of yarn so that I can make them all into a massive granny square throw. Buying one would be easier.

Granny square bed throw by Janice Anita Bullen, from Folksy.

Daisy meadow blanket
This daisy blanket is adorable and would make a lovely present for a baby girl.

Daisy meadow blanket by Claire Davenport, from Folksy.

Blackberry salad striped afghan
For obvious reasons I prefer blankets I can make to blankets I can buy. This textured crochet afghan is lovely.

Blackberry salad striped afghan by Tamara Kelly, from Ravelry.


Octagon and Squares throw
I first saw this on The Crochet Crowd Facebook page. Take a look at the photos to see how changing colours can make a huge difference to the same pattern.

Octagon and squares throw by Red Heart.

Circles and squares throw No pic of this one, and no link either. This is a blanket I’m planning to design, based on a pattern I saw on a TV show – watch this space!

No comments: