Monday 3 November 2008

New project

Not really a new project actually, but an old one that got bumped in favour of the silk tee. Then, with my new-found understanding of measurements, I realised I had probably cast on the wrong number of stitches anyway. So I unravelled the whole thing and started again. According to the measurements given in the pattern the jumper should fit perfectly across my bust and be just the right length.

Other lessons I've taken on board from my tee-shirt include doing the whole thing in acrylic. I don't have much choice being sensitive to animal-based yarns, but at least I didn't substitute the given yarn, Cascade 220, for more silk!

And here are some pictures:



Last time I promised a photo of my Ally Pally haul. So here it is:



Quite impressive, I'm sure you'll agree.

No comments: