Monday 10 November 2008

Progress report

Things are coming along at a more than reasonable pace. In fact I'm pretty pleased with my progress so far. Started in September, two months on I've so far finished the front and I'm on the home run with the back. That leaves just two sleeves, sewing up, and I'm done!

It's hard to know what the finished article will look like until it's actually sewn up, but length is something I can measure - and it looks just about perfect. The stitches are nice and even and cast on and offs are neat. In short, I have improved hugely after my tee-shirt effort - and the evidence is right in front of me. Making anything like this is incredibly satisfying - following a written pattern to create something real and wearable. But to actually see your skills getting better from your very first project, now that feels good.

My next post on this subject will be to tell you that I've finished! My next post, however, will be something completely different.

And here's the photographic proof of my progress:

No comments: