Tuesday 10 August 2010

A quick catch up

I've been taking something of a break from this blog, recently. Not because I've not been knitting, quite the opposite in fact - I've been far too busy knitting to blog. I've also been thinking about this blog. It's fun to write it, but I really think I've not been making enough of it. I'm a journalist, so really I should know how to make this thing required reading, and it certainly hasn't been that.

So in the next few days I'm going to be making some changes. There'll be a new name, a brand-new layout/design and some new photos. This might take some time, as I familiarise myself with Blogger's various attributes. I don't expect the changes to be huge, just some spring cleaning really. While I'm sprucing up the design, I'll also be working on the editorial. There will be many more posts, with more reviews, more news and lots of ramblings from me.

In the meantime, I shall share with you my latest projects.

First, there's the girl's baby blanket. I've already posted the photos of this, so I won't bore you with them again. Suffice to say it's fully completed. I posted it off to new Mum a while ago and she was suitably impressed (I love being able to make things for people!).

Next it was a crochet tank top for my BFF's birthday. I managed to do this in a month. I was very impressed with myself.



And here's a close-up.



And these are the ends (beautiful friends). I had to share them, as there were just so many. It took me as long to sew in all the ends as it did to crochet the actual top. This is only about half of them as well; many more ended up in the bin in Cambridge.



And finally yet another crocheted baby blanket. This one made from many little hexagons. It's so snuggly and warm - I want a full-sized one for myself.



Two close-ups of this one because I couldn't decide which I liked best.





So that's all the finished stuff. There's still plenty of things to finish: a hat, another baby blanket and sewing up the tunic. There's also lots in the queue: another hat, some socks, a cowl and some pieces I'm designing myself. Watch this space for news on all of these!

No comments: