Thursday 7 March 2013

Five fave blogs

Now that I’m organising my time better, I’ve found I’ve more time for reading blogs. I tend to read a mix of ‘official’ ones from magazines authors and the like and personal ones by individuals just like me. Well, probably not just like me. Anyway, here I’m going to list just five of my favourite personal ones.


1 A Thrifty Mrs
This is the blog that got me organised. I think I found it via Twitter – I followed someone who followed Mrs Thrifty, and a well-timed retweet got me following Mrs T and from there I found the blog. The posts are well written and interesting, and I’ve had great fun adapting her advice to my life.


2 Jenny and the Magic Feather
This was another Twitter discovery (isn’t Twitter great?). Jenny’s blog is very personal and very eclectic, from a round-up of her favourite things in the month to baking to crafts, and more. She also designs uber-pretty blogs which make me want to learn things like CSS.


3 Plot Driven
In the interests of full disclosure, the author of this blog is a friend of mine, so when I say she’s erudite, witty, interesting and awfully pretty I might be biased. Seriously, though, this is a very readable blog about books. Ashlea’s love of books in general, and Jane Austen in particular, is evident in every post. I hate book snobbery and you’ll find none here at all – every book is taken on its own merit.


4 Knithacker
This is a photo-based blog of awesome knits. All knitters should follow it.


5 Bald Monkey Seen a Bird
This is a blog I found through my day job. It’s easiest the funniest birding blog you will ever read. The birding top trumps post is pure genius. You don’t have to be a birder to read it, in fact it’s probably best if you’re not.

So there it is – a round-up of five blogs I love. What blogs do you read and recommend?

1 comment:

baldmonkey said...

Number five is an EXCELLENT choice.