Thursday 14 March 2013

Thrifty finds

I do love a bargain, and recently I’ve managed to pick up a few I’m quite proud of. I was ultra-excited last week when we had our first warm(ish) days of the year. Not just because it was the first time in months that going outside didn’t reduce me to tears – although that did play a big part – but also because it was the first time it was warm enough to wear my new coat. It’s a gorgeous fake fur and corduroy 70s-style extravaganza that I adore and can’t wait to wear more of. I picked it up in a local Cancer Research shop for under a tenner. I’ll be getting some outsized sunglasses and flowers for my hair to complete the look, obviously.



Still waiting for that warm day to wear this again.
Hopefully this weekend?
I also found a lovely knitted lace top/dress, originally from Oasis, but again discovered in a charity shop. It’s gold with a sparkly gold thread running through it and should look great over jeans with a T-shirt underneath or worn as a dress with a slip underneath.


It's a friend's birthday party soon.
The ideal time to break this one out, I think!
My final thrifty find is for the kitchen. I’ve been struggling with a very old and mostly blunt knife set for a while now – I had to give up buying squashes because I couldn’t actually cut them. So when a multi-coloured set complete with perspex block from Jean Patrique came up for sale I didn’t hesitate. It’s currently advertised on the company’s site for just over £200, but I got it for under £20. I’m not entirely sure how they can offer such huge savings, maybe it’s a loss leader for enticing customers to the website and then getting them to buy other items at full cost.

Arty shot of my new pretty knives!

No comments: