Sunday 3 March 2013

Sunday best

This is going to be my new weekly Sunday posting - a round-up of pretty/cool/funny/interesting things I find on the interwebz. At certain times of the year it’ll be themed (did someone say ‘Easter’?), but this week it’s just a random selection.

Animal prints are everywhere at the moment and I love this squirrel. This Kindle Fire cover is by the very talented and lovely Annie Sparkles. Check her Folksy shop for more covers, as well as waterbottle covers and draft excluders.

Super Squirrel Kindle cover. Photo by Annie Sparkles.

I really want to make this - the combination of chickpea and chocolate absolutely fascinates me. I've had beetroot and chocolate before and it was lovely. This cake looks like it would be really rich, dark and chocolatey - just like a chocolate cake should. I've used the word chocolate quite a few times in this paragraph. I should probably use it again, just to be sure. Chocolate.

Chocolate chickpea cake. Photo from The Cake Hunter.

I absolutely adore steampunk, so this pocket mirror really appeals to me.

Clocks and Gears Pocket Mirror. Photo from Sunnie's Gift Shop.

These wristies are unbelieveably cute and would be a great, quick project to use up some leftover yarn.

Take a Picot crochet mitt. Photo from Crochet Spot.

If you ever need reminding what a wonderful world we live in - and you happen to be on Facebook - then you should 'like' this page, Amazing Things in the World. There were loads of photos I could have chosen from, but I went for this one.

Asperatus clouds over New Zealand. Photo from Amazing Things in the World.

No comments: